Our fingernails and toenails have a more complex structure than it seems at first glance. This is also necessary, because they are a protective shield of our fingers and toes. Brittle, fragile nails are therefore not only an aesthetic problem. You are as affected thereby also more susceptible to fungal and bacterial infections.
As given you tips on how to keep your toenails and fingernails healthy with the right care!
Top 5 tips for healthy nails
- Be gentle when giving manicures and pedicures to avoid injuries. Especially with a file, never file more than the surface of the nail.
- If you work with cleaning agents and chemicals, it is always a good idea to wear protective gloves to protect your fingers and hands. Often it is exactly such agents that discolor your fingernails.
- Regularly applying lotion to your hands and nails helps to keep them supple and resilient.
- Dry, brittle nails can be cared for with a bath in lukewarm almond or olive oil, or protected and nourished by massaging with Doonails' Nail and Cuticle Oil.
- Watch your diet! You can nourish your nails from the inside with biotin. This vitamin is found in nuts, oatmeal, soybeans, mushrooms, liver and egg yolks, for example.